The Maca of the Andes has beneficial properties specially to the nervous system and the memory. This Peruvian Maca Root is a great energizer and hormonal regulator. Reported beneficial effects of maca for sexual function could be due to its high concentration of proteins and vital nutrients. Among the health benefits of the Andean maca include:
• Increased mental energy. Ideal for cases of asthenia.
• Increased libido. Maca is a natural aphrodisiac that greatly increases libido in both men and women, so called “natural Viagra“. It is usually a good ally for those who suffer from erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation. It also helps in some cases of infertility.
• Increases physical endurance and athletic performance. Increases sense of energy and wellbeing. It is an adaptogen that makes our body easily adapts to stress by giving more power to the body against physical and mental weakness, shielding the defense cuts.
• Regulates and stimulates the endocrine function to improve all diseases that originate from hormones or glands that manufacture them.
All functions of our body that are affected by the glands and their hormones are enhanced with Maca: essential metabolic functions such as fertility, sexual function, digestion, brain function, the nervous system and levels of energy. Hormones regulate almost all our body, so that maca causes an improvement in almost every aspect of our lives. Hormones regulate our mood up (or mood swings), growth, menstruation, sexual development. Hormones play a role in many diseases such as some cancers and depression.
• It supports the adrenal glands, while maintaining the overall health of the body in stressful situations.
• The maca has an analgesic effect due to the terpenoids and saponins. That gives a power to relieve pain by acting as an expectorant and sedative.
• Maca is a powerful aid for the symptoms of PMS and pre-menopause and menopause. By acting directly on the glands and so on effects of any hormonal change such as the rule or menopause. Relieves night sweats, mood swings, hot flashes and have a high content of calcium, prevents osteoporosis. Helps the skin does not dry out.
• Prevents Prostate Cancer
• Increases testosterone
• deeper sleep
• Improves memory and brain function
• Slows the aging process
• Reverses vaginal dryness
• Stops hair loss
• Strengthens nails
• Do not let calluses form on the heels
Being a food and not a drug, unless abused (as with any food), no known contraindications of any kind. Peru’s basic unalimento. Occasionally some people when they start taking maca may notice the symptoms of detoxification, which, it is possible that for a few days to feel symptoms such as halitosis, white tongue, headache, dizziness, etc.. It gradually disappears as the body has already been cleaned.
By providing energy, it may be noticed insomnia. This is avoided by not consuming the afternoon or evening.
Maca contains a lot of fiber (8.5%), therefore, may have an impact on the digestive system. When consumed in excess, can be altered digestion gas and even diarrhea feeling.